Wednesday 12 September 2012

Ode to commuting

I wake up at 6 am

All I want is a Krispy Kreme


Shower, clothes, get things ready,

Walk downstairs a bit unsteady



Housemate is up, making coffee

He's on a diet but wants some toffee



Don't slam the door, housemates sleeping

Sun's out, men are sweeping



Oyster, iPad, iPod, phone

Need a Brollie, not my own



I walk agile those few meters

Bag feels heavy, just like liters



7 o'clock, arrive at the station

Train is coming: wind, vibration



Train is crowded, no more seats

Elbow, pushing, no defeat



Famous Circus, change of train

Find the tunnel, don't delay



3 minutes left. WiFi is On

Check your Twitter and some (dot)com



Brown as earth and old as hell

Jolting parts and dodgy old smell


I don't hate it, it's just Bakerloo

Doesnt matter, call at Waterloo *

*i know, i know... this rhyming is sh*te, but how would you rhyme Bakerloo otherwise?



It is done. Tube ride's over

From one transport to another



7:35. Train departs

Stretch your legs. Journey starts



40 minutes is my train ride

Breakfast and sleeping is implied



I wave bye-bye to the Shard

Foggy, sunny... Avant-garde



Passed through Vauxhall, smells like toast

It's where Nero and Costa do their roast


Pimlico Plumbers flashy in December

Tacky lighting since November



Workmates flirting, it's quite funny

Catering trolley: porridge and honey



You nosy, stop staring at my screen

Keep looking, will show something obscene



8:18: we are almost there

Sun is out but not a glare


My location is not disclosed

London and there: juxtaposed


Run for the bus at 8:19

Cross, not looking, light's not green



Taking this bus is like lottery

When I miss it, eyes go watery


Short bus ride to reach the office

8:30. What a journey!



This is it. It's my morning

Don't disturb me. It's a warning







No comments:

Post a Comment